Tips for a successful Walk to School Day
- Create newsletters, signs, or posters to hang inside schools to promote the event.
- Have students sign a banner as they arrive at the school.
- Hype the day up during morning announcements in the weeks leading up to the event.
- Invite local law enforcement, firemen, mayors, administration, and teachers to participate and walk with children if available.
- Use crossing guards where needed to help children safely walk across streets.
- Play music as students arrive.
- Hold a parade.
- Schools with limited safe routes for kids to walk can walk a campus course during P.E. class.
For more information on walk to school day, please follow this link http://www.walkbiketoschool.org/learn-more/about-the-events/about-walk-to-school-day/